Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Free Commercial Software, Update on Online Courses

First off, I would like to thank whoever just commented on my AP Courses post, pointing out www.courserepository.org which has a bunch more free material for a variety of online classes. If anyone else has any other similar sites they like I would love to hear about them, please comment on my original post.

Second, I have been reading a lot about a new site called Giveaway of the Day over the last couple weeks. Giveaway of the Day gives away a free commercial software package every day (fully licensed) . I'm really not sure how the economics of this are supposed to work, but they do occasionally give away interesting software. There is also a Game specific page. You can read a little more about it here, but I'm still not sure what the catch is. It at least might be worth looking into. I'll let you know how it works if I ever happen to notice they have something I want while it's still free.

No comments: