Sunday, June 11, 2006

NeroVision and Quicktime

I have been busy with (among other things) a video project this weekend. I have a collection of quicktime movies off a digital camera, and have been putting together a little slideshow/video clip collection using Windows Movie Maker and NeroVision. It has taken an unreasonable amount of struggle to get everything to cooperate, so I figured I might as well share my experience. It turns out that NeroVision (6 and 7 demo), while it will import quicktime (.mov) without complaint, quicktime causes it to become seriously unstable. Nero was locking on me every couple minutes, so I ended up converting all my quicktime files to DV files, and everything has been going smoothly since.
I have read that another common cause is bad video drivers, if you are also having this problem.
 
The moral of this story, don't use .MOV with NeroVision even though it is a "supported" format ;-)
 
Anyway, tomorrow is the last full day of school for the summer so I should have more time to post, and less ideas, so feel free to email me if you have something you want me to mention (no promises, but I'll see what I can do)

No comments: