Thursday, January 05, 2006

Gaim 2.0Beta, AIM troubles

As a break from all the homework the other day I unmasked gaim 2 beta on my gentoo install the other day and have been messing with it a bit. The gaim devs did make some needed improvements but they simplified the interface to the point that some really useful things are missing. For example, the add buddy button in a conversation window. I also don't like the changes they made to the away message system, though I do like that you can tell what your stats is now. The interface is to big and blocky. It also takes too long to assign a custom away message. It is nice to be able to set them independently for each protocol though. On the whole it is an ok release, though I do look forward to the final 2.0 release.

In other news, I have been noticing some problems with AIM lately, I can't connect at all and some of my friends are being kicked frequently. Those of you trying to contact me, try a different protocol. My various screen names can be found on my webpage.

No comments: