Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Java, New version of IE

Well, It's been awhile since I last had a chance to post here, sorry about that. I have been taking a mediocre programming class at school lately, and we are switching from Visual Basic 6 (old) to java using the current sun compiler. We had an easy assignment, with some simple math and the usual "hello world!" program, to start off, but me, not wanting to add consecutive integers by typing them individually went hunting for a good reference. I found this reference (pdf) which was more than enough to get me started with the language (at least for simple stuff). Knowing that some of the other students read this page, I thought  I would post the link.

In other news, for Windows users, Microsoft has released a beta of IE7 to the public here. Check out the tour and PCMAG review (thanks slashdot).

Google has also been busy, with a new version of their tool bar (for some operating systems/browsers only, I guess). Normally I don't like tool bars, as many of them spy on you or supply pop-ups but I do like google's spell checker, so I can put up with the minor privacy issues. More info on the new features here.

Happy (slightly belated) Lunar New Year!

No comments: