Monday, April 03, 2006

JAlbum -> Free HTML Photo Album Gnerator in Java

JAlbum was mentioned in today's Java.com newsletter, and I thought it might be of interest here, particularly after all my other photography posts. JAlbum is a java program (don't worry, it comes with a very nice installer) that generates a very nice HTML (web page) photo album. All you have to do is install JAlbum and point it at a folder of jpegs. Since its written in Java, it works on just about any operating system, currently in use (and some that shouldn't be). It will even automatically post your album, if you have web hosting that offers ftp access. JAlbum is worth a try if you need such a program, if you just want to look at your pictures, you might want to try the slide show function built into XP (look on the left bar of a directory of jpegs).

If you still need Java (I doubt it) you can get it from java.com or java.sun.com (if you want the developer version). I would probably get a 1.5.X version.

Back to my homework so I can finish sometime tonight.

No comments: