Monday, April 03, 2006

New Gaim Beta

So, I'm a little behind, but I think some may be interested to know that a new beta of the great, multi-protocol,  instant messaging client Gaim has been released. I installed it today, and while I can't find a changelog, I did notice that they fixed some of the problems with the away message system (ie. you won't end up with one message listed twice in the drop down box, among others). If you use the GaduGadu plugin, then you have to stick with the old version, but otherwise I'd upgrade. See the announcement on the Gaim homepage, and download the new version from Sourceforge. If you don't use Gaim yet, and you do use several different IM services, then you should, visit the homepage for more info. If you don't like Gaim, and run windows, then Trillian basic from Cerulean Studios is another, free, option. I don't like the interface as much, but then I'm used to Gnome/GTK+, so maybe I'm biased.

No comments: