Thursday, December 15, 2005

Firefox "Unresponsive Script"

I have been getting an "Unresponsive Script" warning in firefox 1.5 every time I try to send email with an attachment from gmail (worse when my CPU is tied up). Apparently this is a fix for the old hang on exit that happened in older versions. I don't know how this affects Windows/MacOS/other Unixes but it bothers me. After a bit of searching I found the solution. You can increase the amount of time firefox waits before asking if you want to kill the script from the about:config page. Increase the value of dom.max_script_run_time
The forum post I saw suggested a new value of 10. I am trying it now and we will see if it helps all the time.

Edit: It seems the larger the file being sent the larger this value should be, right now I have mine set to 30 and have been increasing as needed.

No comments: