Monday, December 05, 2005

Topogolinux Followup Post, Other Misc Comments

I posted awhile ago about a Linux distribution called Topologilinux. It does seem to work ok, even installed on a ntfs partition (under windows xp). This afternoon I was reminded that colinux doesn't really support sound yet, so if you want sound then you should run Linux by its self or use vmware.

In other (unrelated) news, someone has been trying to contact me using stanaphone (see my
VoIP post) and leaving voice mails, which are completely not understandable. While myVoIP usernames are on my freewebs website, I ask that you email me before calling so I have some idea who you are and I can make it a point to be online.

For those of you who happen to know me in real life (you are outnumbered by other visitors I think, thanks to blogger's automatic promotion) who are wondering what happened to me: I got off antibiotics yesterday and the pneumonia (and some other problems) came back.

Lastly: Wired had a story about using singing to teach science. I have a teacher that does this and I do think it helps a lot of people. What do you think?
Links:
The Wired story
The Singer's Webpage

Vote Here! (for some reason if I try to embed the poll in the post it won't publish)

Also, What do those of you who are reading this regularly think? New guests, will you come back? Why/Why Not?


Edited: after bloggers troubles yesterday (all my google spell check formatting posted, so if any of the links are missing let me know as they were removed when I fixed the formatting)

No comments: